The following information will be accessed as part of the screening of any application for tenancy:
- No application will be accepted until all potential renters in your party have seen and completed a walkthrough of the property with a representative of Sound Property Management.
- Applicant must be on time for showing appointment or reschedule with a timely call (failure to do so results in denial of the application.)
- Must submit a fully completed application with no material misstatements or omissions for every occupant (over 18 years of age or emancipated minor). Groups of more than one applicant will not be considered until the applications from all members of the group are received in full.
- Positive government issued ID for all adult (over 18 years of age or emancipated minor) occupants. (Failure to provide ID results in denial of the application.) All applicants must have positive identification and evidence of lawful presence in the United States.
- Any other information provided by the applicant (anticipated length of tenancy, tenancy commencement date, etc.) will be taken in consideration. Any offers or proposals an applicant may choose to make (additional rent or deposit, extended lease term, qualified guarantors, qualified co-signers, etc.) will be taken into consideration.
- Pursuant to RCW 59.18.257 all correspondence will result in pre-screening of potential tenant(s).
- An ‘Intent to Rent’ and sample lease will be sent via email if an application is approved. The applicant(s) has 48 hours to accept and sign the Intent to Rent, pay a sum equal to one month’s gross rent, and view the sample lease. If the applicant(s) does not sign, pay the funds, and review the sample lease the application will be denied.
- Each occupant 18 and older must meet the rental criteria. Failure to meet the criteria may result in the denial of the application, need for a qualified guarantor, or payment of additional funds.
- All animals, including service and comfort animals, must be screened through PetScreening.com before being accepted. Link: https://soundpm.petscreening.com
Credit Requirement (credit report via a third-party Consumer reporting Agency listed on the on-line application through our website)
- A positive credit history with:
- No rental related collections
- Collections, outside of rental related collections, totaling $250 or more may be grounds for denial
- More than 15% of derogatory accounts may be grounds for denial
- No Unlawful Detainer action or eviction history
- Portable screening reports (previous tenant screening reports) will not be accepted
- Student and medical debt are excluded from the above credit requirements
- Proof of verifiable employment and/or source of income
- Income must be 2.5 times the gross rental amount
- W-2 Employees
- Provide the two (2) most recent paystubs
- Each stub must include employer name, employee name, and date of pay period.
- Offer letter from prospective employer
- Must be on employer letterhead, include applicant’s name, compensation summary, and signed by all parties
- Self Employed/Retired
- Provide the three (3) most recent bank statements, including all pages, and previous year’s Income tax statement
- Each statement must show the name of bank, account holder’s name, statement date, summary of deposits, and balance
- Proof of alternative source of income:
- May be from a lawful verifiable source other than wages, salaries, or other compensation for employment including, but not limited to: Section 8 vouchers, social security benefits, unemployment benefits, charity programs, maintenance or child support, and/or any federal, state, local government, private or nonprofit administered benefit program.
- Two (2) positive landlord references (i.e. timely rent payment, no damage in excess of normal wear and tear, no documented rule violations, timely issuance of notices of intent to vacate and compliance therewith.) from within the last five (5) years. References must have a valid phone number and email address.
- We may deny the application and move on to the next if the previous landlord does not respond within 48 hours of inquiry.
- If the applicant owned a home and cannot provide rental references proven mortgage payments will be looked at.
- If an applicant has no landlord references, a qualified guarantor may be required.
- Criminal history will be considered on a case-by-case basis.
- Public records regarding civil court records may be grounds for denial. Registration as an adult sex offender may be grounds for denial.
If the property is in the City of Seattle the following will apply:
- We operate according to Seattle’s First in Time law with all previously stated criteria taken into account to qualify the applicant.
- Applicants will not be screened for criminal history, although registration as a sex offender may be grounds for denial.
- In the event an applicant has a sensory, physical, or mental impairment that limits a major life function, or needs meaningful access to the application form (i.e. -applicant does not speak English and needs a translator) and is not able to complete an application in a timely manner, they can make a request for additional time or a reasonable accommodation to extend their application period for up to 72 hours. Please submit your request directly to the Property Manager with the requested timeline to complete the application, the reason for your accommodation request and documentation supporting your request.
The following may result in immediate denial of an application:
- False, incorrect or misleading information.
- Threatening or abusive behavior towards a Sound Property Management employee, agent or contractor.